SPONGE RUBBER EXPANSION JOINT is composed of economical re-bonded sponge rubber particles manufactured to a consistent density and size. This very workable material has a recovery rate exceeding 90% and a minimum density of 30 lbs./ft³.
- Resilient – recovers 90% of original thickness after compression
- Easy to handle and install
- Resists water infiltration
- Petroleum resistant
Sponge Rubber Expansion Joint meets all requirements of: ASTM D1752, Type I; AASHTO M153, Type I; FAA P-610-2.7; Corps of Engineers CRD-C 509, Type I; and Federal Specification HH-F-341 F, Type II, Class A.
- Designed for high performance, low tolerance projects
- Excellent recovery properties for installations with wide temperature variations
- For isolation applications or between materials with dissimilar coefficients of expansion.
Sponge Rubber Expansion Joint is available at thicknesses from 1/4″ up to 6” in 1/4″ intervals and at a standard length of 120”. Slabs are manufactured at a maximum width of 36” and can be cut to size from 2” to 36” in 1/2″ increments
|Compression, 50% deflection||50 – 500 PSI|
|Density||30 lbs./ft³ minimum|
|Extrusion||0.25 in. maximum|
10 Feet, 5 feet
1-1/2", 1", 1/2", 3/4", 3/8"